With Christmas coming up, two things run through my mind:
- Where the hell did 2017 go?
- It’s cookie time.
My family and I often like to get our grub on on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This year, I offered to make some of my recipes and bring them for everyone to try out. I have been wanting to work on by baking skills lately and it is the perfect time for cookies.
I got in the kitchen and the result was these peppermint chocolate chip cookies. They are gluten-free for you that live that life. I have been wanting to whip something minty up for weeks, but wasn’t sure what!
As always, if you make them don’t forget to share them with me by using the hashtag #LiveLifeFlexbibly or tagging me @TheFlexibleFoodie. Here’s to foolproof baking and Enjoy 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving: 12 cookies
- 1 cup Any Nutbutter *creamy almond butter will work the best*
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon-1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract (found here)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In one bowl, mix all ingredients together until a dough is formed. (Yes, no messes. One bowl only. Bless up)
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a tablespoon and slightly press down.
- Allow to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow them cool for 10 minutes. FOLLOW. THIS.
- Store them for a few days in an air-tight container of your choice.
Nutrition Information (per 1 cookie): 171 calories. 16g of carbs, 5 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fat.
They are higher fat due to the fact that they are flourless. However they are paleo, grain-free, and foolproof.